Jacqueline and Luigi met at Jacqueline’s New Years Eve party at the end of 2012, Lui had been invited by mutual friends. Although the pair didn’t actually speak until the end of the night when Lui helped to clean up! Lui proposed at his new house, he asked Jac to open a big white box which had cupcakes inside, and… it also said ‘will you marry me’! As Jacqueline was distracted with the box, Lui got down on one knee and asked her to marry him!
Their wedding was one big Greek and Italian party, full of fun, laughter, and lots of dancing! We started the morning with Lui and his 7 groomsmen. Meanwhile Jacqueline and get bridesmaids were getting ready in organised choas! :)
Their ceremony was held at the Greek Orthodox Church of Saints Constantine and Helen, which Jac’s great grandfather assisted in building. In addition, her grandparents, parents and two sisters all were married in the same church, how cool it that!
Their bridal party photos were taken in the park opposite before heading to their reception which was held at the new, and very stylish Beaumonde On the Point in East Perth The ballroom looked amazing. Jac and Lui made their grand entrance to the reception to a backdrop of fireworks, not that they needed any more sparkle. Jac looked amazing on her one- off dress, designed by Harriette Gordon. Harriette went to school with the bride, so Jac knew her artistic talent from way back. Jac’s dress included lace flowers from her mother’s own wedding dress together with an evil eye – which means good luck for Greeks as it takes away any evil spirits.
The reception was very energetic! There was both an Italian band and a Greek band, who rotated with the DJ. After the touching speeches, a epic bridal waltz, guests danced the night away until 1am!
Jac and Lui honeymooned at -Matamanoa Island Resort in Fiji and The Westin Resort in Port Denarau – sounds amazing!
Thank you Jac and Lui for having us along, and for such an energetic and photogenic day!
• Ceremony venue: The Greek Orthodox Church of Saints Constantine and Helene, Northbridge
• Reception venue: Beaumonde On the Point
• Hair Stylist: Jamie Fitzgerald
• Makeup Artist: Erin Maie
• Flowers: Poppy’s Flowers by Amelia Dempster
• Wedding cake: Wow Creations by Simone Hodgkinson
• Priest: The Very Reverend Archimandrite Elpidios Karalis and Reverend Father John Athanasiou
• DJ & MC: Steven Patino
• Greek Band: Michael Anastasis, Nick Karagiannis + 3
• Italian Band: Nick and Fernando
• Cars: Belle Classic Limousines
• Brides dress, Veil & Headpiece: Harriette Gordon
• Decor/Planners: OMG Events by Tony and Emily Salom
• Fireworks (indoors): Cardile Fireworks by Rob Cardile
• Bonbonniere: Shot glasses from etsy.com (Factory21) and packaged with sugared almonds by bride
• Bridesmaid dresses: Forever New
• Bridesmaids shoes from Asos
• Bridesmaids Swarovski Crystal earrings handmade from The Glitter co. in Subiaco.
• Earrings: The Glitter Co. Subiaco
• Stationary (Invitations, church booklets, place cards for parents tables and bridal table, guest signing book, cake topper):
Felicitations, Osborne Park – see Masha Cirkovic
• Styling (Hashtag sign, seating chart, table numbers): OMG Events
• Horseshoes x2: one was gifted by Jac’s mother in law and the other by her MOH and sister Christine
• Brides shoes: Valentino white rock studded stilettos: Gifted to Jac by her bridesmaids
• Brides jewellery: Stelios Jewellers – pearl and diamond
• Rings: Stelios Jewellers by Stelios Palioudakis (bride’s family friend)
• Purse: Vintage YSL white envelope leather bag – given to bride by her re mother.
• Perfume: Guerlain – gifted to me by my brother Basil